Tuesday 26 April 2011

Baroque Bistro Patisserie - The Rocks, Sydney

A new French bistro patisserie by the owners of La Renaissance Patisserie in The Rocks, Baroque produces quality French food with a great selection of desserts including the delicious assortments of macarons, which one must save room for (if not, grab some for takeaway! ;)

Top: Entrees
Bottom: Mains

Of course, to do justice I will need to show the desserts in their full glory ...


Valrhona Chocolate Tart, Passionfruit, Malt Ice CreamVanilla Crème Brulée, Pistachio Ice Cream

The aforementioned macarons for takeaway, with select flavours from their collection:

L-R: Chai, 2x Salted Caramel, Chocolate, Pistachio, Jasmine Tea
Not being one for tea/coffee flavours (I don't drink English tea or coffee at all), the Chai just didnt do it for me, leaving a weird aftertaste in my mouth that I was not use to. The salted caramel, however, was absolutely delish, with the salt flakes popping in my mouth. Yum!

For those inclined, Baroque also hold Macaron Masterclasses where you spend a day learning the art of macarons from Jean Michel Raynaud. See their website for more details!

when: 15th April 2011
what: Dinner
sik bau score: 飽飽
cha-ching: $
www: http://www.baroquebistro.com.au/

1 comment:

  1. This looks good! Especially that chocolate tart.. I've been meaning to give the place a try ever since it opened. I do love the cakes by La Renaissance so I'm sure Baroque would be tasty too!

    ReplyDelete